November 4, 11, 6:30 pm
Discover the latest exhibitions, the secrets of how they were put together, and other curiosities in program of unique guided tours with professionals from the Museum’s Curatorial and Education departments.
Wednesday, November 4, 6:30 pm: Curatorial Vision Alex Katz, This is Now. Petra Joos, exhibition curator
Wednesday, November 11, 6:30 pm: Key Concepts Alex Katz, This is Now. Marta Arzak, Assistant Director of Education and Interpretation
- Information desk
- Museum Members €2/general public €3 (admission to the Museum not included). Minimum: 8 people per group.
* Sponsored by the Fundación Vizcaína AguirreMore information
Conversation between Alex Katz and Michael Rooks
Wednesday October 21, 6:30 pm
Michael Rooks, Wieland Family” Curator of Modern and Contemporary Art and curator of the exhibition will lead a conversation with artist Alex Katz to celebrate the presentation of his works in gallery 105.
- Museum Auditorium.
- Free tickets now available at the Museum ticket offices and on its website.
DIDAKTIKA IN FOCUS. Tours and Reflections on Alex Katz
Thursday, November 19 and 26, and 10 December, 6:30 pm
In Focus is the name of the Didaktika educational sessions complementing each monographic exhibition presented, from now on, in gallery 105, to give an in-depth view of each selected artist.
In the case of Alex Katz, This Is Now, In Focus will include, among other activities, a program of tours by artists whose work reflects a special relationship with nature: Juana García-Pozuelo, Lucía Onzain, and Juan Pérez Agirregoikoa will offer their reflections on the work of Alex Katz.
Juana García-Pozuelo, thursday 19 november
Lucía Onzain, thursday 26 november
Juan Pérez Agirregoikoa, thursday 10 december
- Zero Espazioa and room 105.
- Museum Members €2 and general public €3 (admission to the Museum not included; booking on the website is essential). Minimum of 8 people per group.
DIDAKTIKA IN FOCUS.Creative Sessions: Alex Katz, This Is Now. Drawing Workshop: Drawing Spaces [+18]
Saturday 7 and 14 November, from 10 to 11:45 am
Alex Katz conceives a landscape idea and immediately sets out to find the response to that idea in nature. Take part in this workshop, given by artist Raúl Domínguez, and learn a new way to relate to our everyday surroundings through drawing. Weather permitting, the first session will take place in the open air, outside the Museum.
- Museum exterior and Zero Espazioa.
- (2-session workshop): Museum Members €24 and general public €30. Prior reservation on the website is essential. Minimum of 10 people, maximum of 20. No prior knowledge of drawing is required. Includes materials.